Friday, February 12, 2016

Editorial and Contents: Shroud of Turin News - January 2016

Shroud of Turin News - January 2016
© Stephen E. Jones
[1]

[Previous: December 2015] [Next: January 2016, part #2]

This is the Editorial and Contents, being part #1 of the January 2016 issue of my Shroud of Turin News. Following this editorial, I will add excerpts from Shroud-related January 2016 news articles in separate posts, linked back to this post, with my words in bold to distinguish them from the articles'. I have decided to abandon posting my Shroud of Turin News as one post, because it becomes too large and complex to manage.

Contents (click on a link below to go to that article):
Editorial
"'Shroud Encounter' coming to Bradenton big screen Jan. 14"
"Is The Shroud Of Turin Genuine?"


Editorial. Rex Morgan's Shroud News: My scanning and word- processing of Rex Morgan's Shroud News for Barrie Schwortz to convert to PDF and add to his online Shroud News archive, continued in January up to issue #38, December 1986. [Right (enlarge)]. It is now up to issue #36, August 1986, on that archive. Topic index: I continued adding my old posts to my Topic Index in January up to and including my post of 16 February 2012. In January, I blogged 5 posts: Shroud of Turin News - December 2015; Double image #10: The man on the Shroud: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!; Summary of evidence that Timothy W. Linick was the leaker of Arizona's first 1350 date ; Problems of the Forgery Theory: Index A-Z; and Chronology of the Turin Shroud: AD 30. Radiocarbon dating hacking In January I received Timothy Linick's half-brother Anthony's book, "The Lives of Ingolf Dahl" (2008) [Left: Amazon.com] which confirmed that "Timothy ... took his own life at age 42 in 1989" (p.619). That Linick's half-brother wrote a book which mentioned his suicide (amongst other significant things), is just one of several amazing `coincidences' which helps me remember that Jesus, the Man on the Shroud, is fully in control (Acts 10:36; Rom 9:5; Eph 1:21-22; Php 2:9) and that I am on the right track. This month (February) I hope to start on part #6, "Evidence that Timothy W. Linick was the hacker," of my series, The 1260-1390 radiocarbon date of the Turin Shroud was the result of a computer hacking. Updates to my posts in the background included: Problems of the Forgery Theory: Index A-Z": anatomical; crucifixion; d'Arcis, Pierre; faint; hands, Leonardo da Vinci; linen cloth; missing parts, negative, radiocarbon dating, scourged, STURP and style. Pageviews: As at the time of posting, 12 February, Google Analytics gave this blog's "Pageviews all time history" as 499,143 (which means at the current rate of about 400 a day it should pass half a million in 2-3 days! [It did about 9am, Perth time, on 14 February]), and "Pageviews last month" (month to date) as 12,030. It also gave the most viewed posts for the month to date, as: Double image #10: The man on the Shroud: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!, Jan 13, 2016 - 239; Problems of the Forgery Theory: Index A-Z, Jan 20, 2016 - 104; `Ian Wilson's Turin Shroud theories are the worst kind of junk history' , Apr 17, 2010 - 98, Leonardo da Vinci 'faked Turin Shroud and used his own features as the face of Jesus', Jul 14, 2009 - 92; Re: Shroud blood ... types as AB ... aged blood always types as AB, so the significance of this ... is unclear, Mar 18, 2011 - 87. Google Analytics gives these last two as my "All time" highest number of pageviews: "Leonardo da Vinci ..." - 9633 and "Re: Shroud blood ... " - 8203; but again I don't know why.

Continued in part #2 of this January 2016 issue of my Shroud of Turin News.


Notes:
1. This post is copyright. Permission is granted to extract or quote from any part of it (but not the whole post), provided the extract or quote includes a reference citing my name, its subject heading, its date, and a hyperlink back to it. [return]

Posted: 12 February 2016. Updated: 26 February 2016.

No comments: