Friday, March 2, 2018

"Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, February 2018

Shroud of Turin News - February 2018
© Stephen E. Jones
[1]

[Previous: January 2018, part #1] [Next: March 2018, part #1]

This is the "Editorial and Contents," part #1, of the February 2018 issue of my Shroud of Turin News. I have listed linked news article(s) about the Shroud in February as a service to readers, without necessarily endorsing them.

Contents:
Editorial
"Is This the Face of Jesus? Shreveport researchers examine ancient Shroud of Turin," KTBS, Nate Fluharty February 5, 2018.
"Local lecturer brings world class Shroud of Turin exhibit to Greater Cleveland," Middleburg Heights community blog, February 20, 2018.
"Physicist unveils secrets behind shroud," The Redstone Rocket, Amy Guckeen Tolson, February 28, 2018.


Editorial
Rex Morgan's Shroud News: My scanning and word-processing of the 118 issues of Rex Morgan's Shroud News, provided by Ian Wilson, and emailing them to Barrie Schwortz, for him to convert to PDFs and add to his online Shroud News archive, continued in February up to issue #96, August 1996. [Right (enlarge)], i.e ~81% completed. Issues in that archive are up to #93, February 1996.

News: The cataract operation (see below) on my left eye was a success, so much so that I was seeing more clearly with my `new' left eye as they

[Above: "Cataract Surgery Procedure: Safety, Recovery, and Effects," Fort Worth Eye Associates.]

wheeled me out of the operating theatre into the recovery room! Now my `good' right eye is less clear than my previously `bad' left eye! Eventually I will need the lens in my right eye replaced also.

Posts: In February I blogged only 3 new posts (latest uppermost): "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Fourteenth century (1)" - 10th; "22 January 1988: On this day 30 years ago in the radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud" - 4th and "`Editorial and Contents,' Shroud of Turin News, January 2018" - 2nd.

Updates in the background of past posts in February included: I resumed adding footnotes to my "Chronology of the Shroud: First century" and I also updated my "Chronology of the Shroud: Thirteenth Century" with:

"c.1248 Henri I de Vergy (c.1205-1263) married Isabelle (Elizabeth) de la Roche de Ray (c.1235-1278). Isabelle de la Roche was a direct descendant (granddaughter) of Othon IV de la Roche (above. Henri I de Vergy was a direct ancestor (great-great-grandfather) of Jeanne de Vergy (c.1332-1428) (above). Therefore Jeanne de Vergy, whose husband Geoffrey I de Charny (c.1300-1356) was the first undisputed owner of the Shroud [see future "c1351"] was a direct descendant of Othon de la Roche, who brought the Shroud from Constantinople, via Athens, to France!" (footnotes omitted)

Comments: In February, I deleted as substandard another comment which implied I should not continue posting on a topic. But see my previous response to commenters who tell me what I should, or should not, post: "if you don't like what I write, then don't read my blog"! I also deleted as substandard two comments in a foreign language. If commenters cannot be bothered to translate their comments into English, then I cannot be bothered using Google translate to try to find out what they are saying.

My radiocarbon dating hacker theory: I did not blog about my radiocarbon dating of the Shroud hacker theory in February but again my "22 January 1988: On this day 30 years ago in the radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud" is part of a series which will provide further evidence to support my hacker theory.

My book: In February I gave this a higher priority and so completed the "Second century" and "Third century" and started on the "Fourth century" in "Chapter 6, "History and the Shroud," in the dot-point outline of my book, "The Shroud of Turin: The Burial Sheet of Jesus!" (see 06Jul17).

Pageviews: At midnight on 28 February 2018, Google Analytics [Below (enlarge)] gave this blog's "Pageviews all time history" as 855,514. This compares with 701,730 (up 153,784 or 22.0%) from the same time in February 2017. It also gave the most viewed posts for the month (highest uppermost) as: "The Shroud of Turin: 3.6. The man on the Shroud and Jesus were crucified.," Dec 2, 2013 - 141; "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Fourteenth century (1)," Feb 10, 2018 - 111; "22 January 1988: On this day 30 years ago in the radiocarbon dating of the Turin Shroud," Feb 4, 2018 - 109; "Re: Shroud blood ... types as AB ... aged blood always types as AB, so the significance of this ... is unclear," Mar 18, 2011 - 97; and "Other marks and images #26: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!", Jan 19, 2018 - 97.


Notes:
1. This post is copyright. I grant permission to extract or quote from any part of it (but not the whole post), provided the extract or quote includes a reference citing my name, its title, its date, and a hyperlink back to this page. [return]

Posted: 2 March 2018. 2 April 2018.

No comments: