Sunday, February 21, 2016

From Joe Marino: Some recent articles

Joe Marino has asked me to post the following.


Some recent articles

February 17, 2016

Dear Researchers,

I just found reference in a posting by Massimo Olmi on a Shroud group on Facebook to a 12 page article called "Why Jesus carried the whole cross and not only the patibulum," which can be accessed at https://shroudofturin.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/why-jesus-carried-the-whole-cross.pdf. Science, including the use of computers, is applied throughout.

I'm working on a 3 part article on the politics of the C-14 dating of the Shroud. It was mentioned in Barrie's Jan 21st update but for those of you who perhaps didn't check out Barrie's update, which also includes mention of Mario Latendresse's rebuttal to the October editorial by Garlaschelli, among others, in Thermochimica Acta (Comments on the mass spectrometry analysis of a sample of the Shroud of Turin by Bella et al.), the link to part 1 of my article can be found at http://newvistas.homestead.com/C-14PoliticsPt1.html. Although it is about the politics, it shows how the scientific approach to the dating was affected. I'm actually still adding to part 1. I wanted to get a version out in time for the update since Dan's blog is no longer around to help alert others. It's going to take me a long while to complete and there's an immense about of data so I felt getting it out piecemeal would be better than waiting until all the material was in place It's done in a chronological format so can easily take on new entries without much rewrite of previous material. I've actually noted when new entries are added to make it easier for readers to find new material.

Regards,

Joe


I am happy to allow my blog to be used to disseminate Shroud pro-authenticity material. As long as my posting them is not taken as implying that I agree with everything in that material (I don't agree that Jesus carried the whole cross). If there are comments under such posts, I will leave it to the author of each respective post to respond and will try to stay out of it. But my policies on comments will still apply:

"MY POLICIES Comments are moderated. Those I consider off-topic, offensive or sub-standard will not appear. Except that comments under my latest post can be on any Shroud-related topic without being off-topic. I normally allow only one comment per individual under each one of my posts."
Although if I don't have to get involved, I will relax the "only one comment per individual under each one of my posts" policy.

Posted: 21 February 2016. Updated: 21 February 2016.

No comments: